I’ve made a minor fix for the pesky “Error getting Minecraft pid: MCSW API network exception: Connection refused - connect(2) for” logs while starting a server. Not perfect (it is more complicated than it may look), but slowly getting back into things! PS: I will push this update tomorrow… it’s currently 3 AM Monday (the next day, by the time I could wrap all this up, but I shouldn’t push in this state) and I have a research meeting at 9 AM and a long problem set to write up before class… Also missed the grad school application deadline which was Sunday…
Also, if you looked at the about page, you would notice I’ve added a section/blurb drawing attention to internet freedom. I won’t repeat everything there (I think it’s very important; hopefully some people will seriously read it), but some highlights:
- It’s easy to brush off donation requests from non-profit groups doing good work such as Wikipedia, but they really do need your support!
- “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.” - Edward Snowden
- “Why do people care so much about privacy?”
After doing my own research, I personally set up monthly donations to the following organizations:
- Mozilla (consider trying the new Firefox!)
- Wikipedia/Wikimedia Foundation
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (international non-profit digital rights group)
- Free Press.net (they fight for Net Neutrality! I’m Canadian but it’s still important!)
TL;DR: Fight the good fight! Fighto!